RDL Format A Bi-Directional Network Interface - Format A, Bal Line Aux Inputs, D
* Ex GST. Check with us for the latest pricing
- Converts RDL Format-A and Aux Source to Four Dante Network Channels
- Easy Installation with Format-A Connections on RJ45 through CATx Cable
- Format-A Audio Sources from Pairs A, B and C Converted to Dante
- Fourth Dante Audio Channel Fed from Unbalanced or Balanced Aux Line Input
- Front-Panel Gain Adjustment with Dual-LED VU Meter for Aux Input
- Signal LEDs Indicate Audio for Each of the Three Audio Source Format-A Pairs
- Converts Four Dante Network Audio Signals to RDL Format-A and Aux
- Three Dante Audio Signals Feed Format-A Output Pairs A, B and C
- Fourth Dante Audio Signal Feeds Auxiliary Balanced +4 dBu Line Output
- Format-A Pairs are Distributed to Three Separate Format-A Output Jacks
- Signal LEDs Indicate Audio for Each of the Four Received Dante Audio Signals
- External 24 Vdc Supply Powers All Connected Format-A Modules through RJ45 Jacks
- PoE (RU-BNFP) Powers Format-A Input and Primary Format-A Output RJ45 Jacks
- High Resolution 24 Bit Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog Conversion
- Legendary RDL Analog Filtering Enhances Superb Audio Performance
- LED Indicators Show Network Sync Status
- Normal or Hot-Standby Operation from PoE (Model RU-BNFP)
- Compatible with Wide Array of RDL Format-A Active and Passive Senders and Receivers
- Equipped for Rack Mounting or Surface Mounting
The RU-BNF modules are Dante audio network interface products compatible with RDL Format-A twisted pair products. These modules are designed to be mounted in equipment racks, closets, conference tables and on shelves or backboards in commercial/industrial installations.
APPLICATION: The RU-BNF is an RDL Format-A sender/receiver that connects to a Dante-enabled network, providing all the features of an RDL RU-FN Format A to Network Interface and an RU-NFD Network to Format-A Interface/Distributor.
Network to Format-A Interface/Distributor Section
The RU-BNF converts three Dante audio channels to RDL Format-A. Each network channel corresponds to Pair A, B or C of the Format-A outputs. The unit converts a fourth Dante audio channel to a balanced line-level AUX output.
One front-panel green signal LED corresponds to each of the four Dante input channels. Received audio level is indicated on the variable-intensity LED indicator, facilitating setup when a networked computer is not connected at the module’s location.
The Format-A output is distributed to three separate rear-panel RJ45 jacks. Each Format-A output jack provides up to 200 mA of power to connected Format-A receivers. Multiple receivers may be daisy chained from one output jack, or may be connected by home run to each of the three outputs. Higher current Format-A receivers, such as RDL D-PSP1A powered Decora-style speakers, are to be individually connected to a separate output jack.
The RU-BNF output jacks support the entire range of Format-A receivers, making each output pair available for end-user connection on various wall plates, or feeding other equipment using rack-mounted, shelf-mounted or utility Format-A receivers. The wide array of Format-A receivers provide compatibility with commercial audio equipment operating at standard professional levels. High resolution digital audio converters coupled with RDL’s renowned analog filters provide superior fidelity with a very low noise floor. Each Format-A receiver may be connected near the RU-NFD or up to several thousand feet distant.
Format-A to Network Interface Section
The RU-BNF converts the three Format-A audio pairs to Dante networked digital audio channels. Each network channel corresponds to Pair A, B or C of the Format-A input. The unit converts a fourth input, balanced or unbalanced line-level AUX, to Dante.
One front-panel green signal LED corresponds to each of the three Format-A input channels. Received audio level is indicated on the variable-intensity LED indicator, facilitating setup when a networked computer is not connected at the module’s location. A Dual-LED VU meter facilitates adjustment of the front-panel AUX input gain control. The AUX input supports the complete range of normal unbalanced and balanced line-level sources.
The Format-A input jack provides up to 200 mA of power to connected Format-A senders. Multiple senders may be daisy chained from the Format-A input jack.
The RU- BNF Format-A input supports the entire range of Format-A senders, making each input pair available for end-user connection on various wall plates, or receiving signals from other equipment using rack-mounted, shelf-mounted or utility Format-A senders. The wide array of Format-A senders provides compatibility with commercial audio equipment operating at standard professional levels. High resolution digital audio converters coupled with RDL’s renowned analog filters provide superior fidelity with a very low noise floor. Each Format-A sender may be connected near the RU- BNF or up to several thousand feet distant.
The RU-BNF is powered from an external 24 Vdc power supply, available separately. The external supply powers the RU-BNF, Format-A senders connected to the Format-A input jack and Format-A receivers connected to all three Format-A outputs. The RU-BNFP is equipped for PoE which powers the RU-BNF, Format-A senders connected to the Format-A input, and Format-A receivers connected to the primary Format-A output jack. Audio is also distributed to the other two output jacks. Remote Format-A receivers connected to those other two output jacks are only powered from the RU-BNFP if an external 24 Vdc power supply is connected. If PoE power and an external 24 Vdc supply are both feeding an RU-BNFP, the unit will run from the external supply and will seamlessly switch over to PoE power upon loss of the external 24 V supply. The power feeding each Format-A RJ45 connector is separately protected by an automatically resetting fuse. A power LED is associated with each connector, facilitating identification of wiring faults.