RDL Bi-Directional Mic/Line Dante Interface 2 x 2 w/PoE - 1 XLR In and 1 Mini-ja
* Ex GST. Check with us for the latest pricing
- Dante Network Interface for Two Audio Inputs and Two Audio Outputs
- XLR and Mini-jack Front-Panel Inputs; Outputs on Rear-Panel Terminal Block
- Converts One Mic or Line and One Consumer Line Audio Source to Dante Network Channels
- Converts Two Dante Network Audio Signals to Line Level
- Special Software Not Required for Module Setup
- XLR Input is Switch Selectable for Mic or Line
- Switch-Selectable Mic Gain: 40 dB, 48 dB or 62 dB
- Switch-Selectable 48 V Mic Phantom (P48)
- Switch-Selectable Line Gain: Unity, 12 dB or 19 dB
- Mini-jack -10 dBV Input is Summed to Mono
- Each Output is Switch Selectable for Balanced +4 dBu or Unbalanced -10 dBV
- Studio Quality, Low-Noise Performance
- High Resolution 24 Bit Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog Conversion
- Legendary RDL Analog Filtering Enhances Superb Audio Performance
The DDS-BN2ML is a complete wall-mounted Dante audio network interface. It features one XLR mic or line input and one mono-summed Mini-jack line input on the front panels, plus two line outputs on a rear-panel detachable terminal block. Special software is not required to configure the DDS-BN2ML. The XLR input provides three switches that may be set from the front of the unit when the cover plate is not installed. One switch enables or disables P48 phantom; the second switch selects the mic or line gain range; the third switch sets the gain. The Mini-jack input accepts mono or stereo unbalanced line-level sources that are summed to mono. Each rear-panel output provides a switch to set the output to balanced professional or unbalanced consumer level. The DDS-BN2ML fits a standard US dual-gang electrical box or an RDL WB-2 back box for installations in thinner European or equivalent walls. The DDS-BN2ML is PoE powered, and is available in multiple finishes with optional customized graphics.
The XLR input is converted to feed one Dante network transmit channel. Three gain settings are switch-selectable for both the mic and line input ranges to match condenser or dynamic mic levels and standard line levels.
The Mini-jack left and right inputs are summed to mono to feed one Dante network transmit channel. This input provides a network digital audio level of -20 dBFS for an unbalanced -10 dBV input.
Two Dante audio channels are converted to balanced line level on the rear-panel detachable terminal block. Each output provides +4 dBu balanced for a network digital audio level of -20 dBFS. Each output is equipped with a selector to unbalance the audio and attenuate the level to -10 dBV. These switches are located on the top of the chassis and are set by the installer prior to mounting the unit.
The rear-panel outputs are intended for connection to RDL AMS connectors mounted in Decora-style plates that match the DDS-BN2ML. AMS audio connectors include RCA, Mini and XLR jacks. The output plate may be located together with the DDS-BN2ML in a triple gang box or may be mounted remotely in a single box.
Valid PoE power and synchronization to the Dante network are indicated by green LEDs visible from the front of the unit.
The DDS-BN2ML is a professional grade product with a discrete mic preamplifier for studio quality fidelity and low noise performance, coupled through a metal XLR jack housed in a stainless steel chassis with dual powder-coated or stainless steel Decora front plates.
The DDS-BN2ML’s superior performance specifications make it ideally suited to the most demanding installations, and an exceptional value in commercial networked audio systems. This full-featured product is engineered and manufactured in the U.S.A for continuous duty in demanding installations. Designed to outperform. Built to last.