Welcome Guest [Login]
EXTRON MGP 641 xi
* Ex GST. Check with us for Discounts and the latest Trade pricing!
4K/60 HDMI Multi-Window Processor with DTP3 Extension
- Display up to four source windows on a single canvas with a live or static background — Simplifies system design by reducing the need for multiple displays.
- Four 12G SDI and four HDMI inputs - MGP 641 xi SDI
- Automatically adapts to SMPTE and ITU digital video standards for SDI signals up to a 12G‑SDI data rate - MGP 641 xi SDI only — MGP 641 xi SDI provides SDI inputs that support 12G, 6G, 3G, HD, and SD‑SDI signals.
- Four HDMI inputs - MGP 641 xi
- DTP3 output is compatible with HDBaseT™-enabled devices — The DTP3 output can be configured to send video and embedded audio signals, plus bidirectional RS‑232 to an HDBaseT-enabled display.
- HDMI output delivers 4K/60 4:4:4 signals to a local display
- Live annotation capabilities with Extron LinkLicense® — Optional LinkLicense for MGP 641 xi Annotation allows a presenter to draw and point in real-time over live video and graphics presentations.
- HDMI background input — A dedicated non‑scaled input accepts live content or images from an HDMI source for display behind the source windows.
- Supports 4K/60 signals on all inputs and outputs — Supports HDMI input and output signals up to 4096x2160 at 60 Hz with 4:4:4 color sampling. The MGP 641 xi SDI also supports 12G‑SDI input signals up to 4096x2160 at 60 Hz with 4:2:2 color sampling.
- Supported HDMI 2.0 specification features include data rates up to 18 Gbps, Deep Color up to 12‑bit, and HD lossless audio formats
- Advanced Extron Vector™ 4K scaling engine — The Vector 4K scaling engine is specifically designed for critical-quality 4K imagery, with best-in-class image upscaling and downscaling.
- USB-A ports — Supports USB peripherals for manipulating window size and position, accessing Annotation OSD menu, and storing captured screen images. Each USB port supports data rates up to 5 Gbps.
- Capture, store, and recall images using a USB flash drive — An image can be captured as a snapshot of the live video output, including annotations, and saved to internal memory, a removable USB flash drive, or a network location.
- Multiple window transition effects — Windows can be transitioned into and out of the preset using dissolve and cut effects, resulting in smooth, professional presentations.
- Integrated DTP3 extension supports transmission of uncompressed 4K/60 video up to 330' (100 m) over a shielded CAT6A cable
- Compatible with all DTP®- and DTP3‑enabled products, plus XTP II CrossPoint® matrix switchers — Enables mixing and matching with desktop and wallplate receivers, as well as other DTP3 and DTP‑enabled products to meet application requirements. It is not compatible with DTP2 products. The MGP 641 xi processor can be integrated with XTP® and XTP II CrossPoint matrix switchers to provide connectivity between presentation spaces and a larger, facility-wide system.
- HDCP 2.3 compliant — Ensures display of content-protected media and interoperability with other HDCP-compliant devices.
- User-selectable HDCP authorization — Allows individual inputs to appear HDCP-compliant or non‑HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non‑HDCP mode.
- HDCP Visual Confirmation — When HDCP encrypted content is transmitted to a non‑HDCP compliant display, a green window is sent to the display for immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on that display.
- Key Minder® continuously verifies HDCP compliance for quick, reliable switching — Key Minder authenticates and maintains continuous HDCP encryption between input and output devices to ensure quick and reliable switching in professional AV environments, while enabling simultaneous distribution of a single source signal to two or more displays.
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices — EDID Minder ensures that all sources reliably output content at power up.
- Supports custom EDID and output resolutions — User-defined output resolutions up to a 600 MHz pixel clock can be supported by uploading custom EDID files or capturing EDID from a display or other destination device.
- Custom output resolutions — Maximizes compatibility with evolving display technology, non‑standard displays, and direct-view LED systems.
- Logo image keying and display — A logo graphic can be positioned and keyed over live video. Graphics files in BMP, JPG, PNG, or TIFF format may be uploaded to the unit. Full-screen images up to 4K resolution can also be displayed to eliminate loss of video between presentations. Up to 32 logo images can be stored on the processor.
- Video keying — Title information or other content from an input source can be keyed over the Program image.
- Cascade multiple MGP 641 xi processors for additional windows — Up to four MGP 641 xi units can be linked via the HDMI background input to allow presentation of up to 16 windows on a single display.
- Fully customizable window layouts — Up to four windows can be sized, positioned, and overlapped anywhere on the single digital canvas, with additional adjustments for zoom and priority.
- Output rotation — The duplicate HDMI and DTP3 output signals can be rotated 90 degrees, accommodating displays arranged in portrait or landscape orientations.
- Source rotation — Inputs 2 and 4 can be rotated 90 degrees, providing flexible and creative presentation options for live content.
- Dynamic input detection — Instead of conventional lookup tables, Vector 4K technology analyzes incoming digital video signal parameters for precise signal detection, conversion, and scaling. This capability facilitates fast, flexible detection of both standard and custom resolutions.
- Auto-layout mode — Automatically configures the window layout to a full screen, a side-by-side, a pyramid, or a quad-split arrangement, based on which inputs have an active signal.
- Seamless presentation of signals sourced from upstream devices — Signals sourced from an upstream switcher can be transitioned using cut to black, fade to black, seamless cut, or seamless fade for clean, professional-looking presentations.
- Image freeze control — Any window can be frozen via the front panel, RS‑232, or Ethernet control.
- Window mute control — Any window can be added or removed via the front panel, RS‑232, or Ethernet control.
- Customizable window borders — Borders provide easy identification of displayed content. The Window Border options include semi-transparent borders and text labels with adjustable size, color, and location.
- 128 window configuration presets — A total of 128 default window presets are available and customizable to allow quick saving and recall of size, positioning, priority, and border style for each window.
- Window preset effects — Transitions between presets can be set to Cut or Animated. The Animated effect dynamically resizes and repositions the four windows to the locations determined by a new preset. Duration is adjustable.
- Screen Saver Mode — Can be set to automatically mute video and sync output to the display device when there are no active connections or logos displayed. The connected display automatically enters standby mode to conserve energy, reducing costs and increasing panel life.
- Customizable on-screen clock — A clock in a digital time format can be presented anywhere on screen, with user-definable size, color, and time/date formatting.
- Stereo audio de‑embedding — Embedded HDMI two‑channel PCM audio can be extended over the DTP3 output or extracted as balanced or unbalanced stereo audio to the analog outputs.
- Aspect ratio control — The aspect ratio of the image in a window can be controlled by selecting a FILL mode that provides a full-window display or a FOLLOW mode, which preserves the original aspect ratio of the input signal.
- Front panel controls with LCD display — Back lit front panel buttons and an LCD menu system with navigation controls ensure simplified operation and provide quick access to configuration settings.
- Front panel USB-C® configuration port — Enables easy system configuration without having to access the rear panel.
- Easy-to-use configuration and control software — Extron Videowall Configuration Software - VCS reduces configuration and preset programming time with a task-oriented, intuitive interface.
- Built-in Web pages — Enables the use of a standard browser for device monitoring and troubleshooting over an intuitive Web interface.
- Internal video test patterns and pink noise generator for calibration and setup
- Ethernet monitoring and control — Enables control and proactive monitoring over a LAN or WAN.
- Adjust window size and position with a USB touch screen display or mouse — Local USB control using the connected USB touch screen display or mouse.
- RS-232 control port — Facilitates the use of serial commands for integration into a control system. Extron products use the SIS™ protocol, a set of basic ASCII commands that allow for quick and easy programming.
- Front panel security lockout — Locks out front panel functions; all functions remain available through Ethernet, USB, or RS‑232 control.
- Rack-mountable 1U, full rack width metal enclosure
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- Internal Extron Everlast™ power supply — Provides worldwide power compatibility, with high demonstrated reliability and low power consumption for reduced operating cost.
- Extron Everlast power supply is covered by a 7‑year parts and labor warranty