Welcome Guest [Login]
RDL, Universal Digital Audio Converter
* Check with us for the latest pricing
- Data Conversion Between S/PDIF and AES/EBU
- Electrical Conversion Between Digital Audio Formats
- Input: AES/EBU, Coaxial or Optical S/PDIF, AES-3ID
- Output: AES/EBU, Coaxial or Optical S/PDIF, AES-3ID
- Operation Up to 24 bits, 192 kHz
- Exclusive Sure-Lok Auto-Recovery Sentinel
- Transformer Isolated AES/EBU Input and Output
- Digital Signal Reclocking
- Sample Rate Indicator
- Digital Signal Lock Indicator for Each Input Format
The HR-UDC1 is the ideal choice in installations where digital audio signals must be converted between consumer and professional formats. The input and output support AES/EBU, S/PDIF and AES-3ID formats. The HR-UDC1 automatically detects a valid input on any of the four input jacks: S/PDIF optical, S/PDIF coaxial, AES-3ID or AES/EBU. The input is decoded, re-clocked and retransmitted to the output. All pro/consumer, emphasis, and sampling frequency bits common to both S/PDIF and AES/EBU standards are inserted in the output data stream. Front-panel LEDs display the digital audio format and sample rate of a valid source received without any phase-lock or bit errors.
The output is switch-selectable to provide an AES/EBU, S/PDIF coaxial or optical, or AES-3ID output. The switch enables the appropriate output jack and any required electrical and data format conversion. The AES/EBU input and output are 110 ohm terminated; the S/PDIF coaxial and AES-3ID jacks are 75 ohm terminated.
The HR-UDC1 is powered from 24 Vdc, which may be connected through the detachable terminal block or through the dc power jack. A front-panel power switch is provided.
RDL's proprietary Sure-Lok auto recovery supervision monitors possible causes of latch-up and reinitiates digital signal lock, bringing a high level of stability to digital audio signal distribution under the variety of conditions encountered in professional environments.
Download Product Datasheet