RDL, Wall-Mounted Bi-Directional Mic/Line Dante Interface 4 x 2
* Ex GST. Check with us for the latest pricing
- Dante Network Interface for Four Audio Inputs and Two Audio Outputs
- Four XLR Front-Panel Inputs
- Converts Four Standard XLR Mic or Line Audio Sources to Dante Network Channels
- Each XLR Input is Switch Selectable for Mic or Line
- Switch-Selectable Mic Gain: 40 dB, 48 dB or 62 dB
- Switch-Selectable 48 V Mic Phantom (P48)
- Switch-Selectable Line Gain: Unity, 12 dB or 19 dB
- Converts Two Dante Network Audio Signals to Line Level
- Rear Panel Outputs Switch Selectable Balanced +4 dBu or Unbalanced -10 dBV
- Special Software Not Required for Module Setup
- Studio Quality, Low-Noise Performance
- High Resolution 24 Bit Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog Conversion
- Legendary RDL Analog Filtering Enhances Superb Audio Performance
The DD-BN40 is a complete wall-mounted Dante audio network interface. It features four XLR mic or line inputs on the front panels and two line outputs on a rear-panel detachable terminal block. Special software is not required to configure the DD-BN40. Each input provides three switches that may be set from the front of the unit when the cover plate is not installed. One switch enables or disables P48 phantom for that input; the second switch selects the mic or line gain range; the third switch sets the gain. Each output provides a switch to set the output to balanced professional or unbalanced consumer level. The DD-BN40 fits a standard US dual-gang electrical box or an RDL WB-2 back box for installations in thinner European or equivalent walls. The DD-BN40 is PoE powered, and is available in multiple finishes with optional customized graphics.
The four XLR inputs are each converted to a separate Dante network transmit channel. Three gain settings are switch-selectable for both the mic and line input ranges to match condenser or dynamic mic levels and standard line levels.
Two Dante audio channels are converted to balanced line level. Each output provides +4 dBu balanced for a network digital audio level of -18 dBFS. Each output is equipped with a selector to unbalance the audio and attenuate the level to -10 dBV. These switches are located on the top of the chassis and are set by the installer prior to mounting the unit. The outputs are connected through a detachable terminal block.
The outputs are intended for connection to RDL AMS connectors mounted in Decora-style plates that match the DD-BN40. AMS audio connectors include RCA, Mini and XLR jacks. The output plate may be located together with the DD-BN40 in a triple gang box or may be mounted remotely in a single box.
Valid PoE power and synchronization to the Dante network are indicated by green LEDs visible from the front of the unit.
The DD-BN40 is a professional grade product with discrete mic preamplifiers for studio quality fidelity and low noise performance, coupled through metal XLR jacks housed in a stainless steel chassis with dual powder-coated or stainless steel Decora front plates.
The DD-BN40's superior performance specifications make it ideally suited to the most demanding installations, and an exceptional value in commercial networked audio systems. This full-featured product is engineered and manufactured in the U.S.A for continuous duty in demanding installations. Designed to outperform. Built to last.