EXTRON HD 4K PLUS 101
* Ex GST. Check with us for the latest pricing
The Extron HD 4K 101 Plus is an HDMI cable equalizer supporting video signals at resolutions up to 4K/60 with 4:4:4 chroma sampling. Used at the destination end of a long cable run, the HD 4K 101 Plus actively equalizes poor or marginal source signals, reduces jitter and skew, and adds output pre-emphasis to reliably extend the HDMI signal. The HDCP 2.3-compliant equalizer supports HDMI 2.0b specification features, including data rates up to 18 Gbps, HDR, Deep Color up to 12‑bit, 3D, HD lossless audio formats, and CEC pass-through. To streamline integration, the 1/8 rack wide unit can be powered by the connected HDMI source or an optional external power supply. The compact design and built-in capabilities of the HD 4K 101 Plus make it ideal for discreet mounting in a wide variety of permanent installations and temporary applications.
The HD 4K 101 Plus compensates for poor source signals or low-quality cabling. It can be used in conjunction with the Extron HD 4K 110 Series and other AV products to provide a cost effective means for extending 4K video signals from devices with HDMI output. Supported HDMI 2.0b specification features include data rates up to 18 Gbps, HDR, Deep Color up to 12 bit, 3D, Lip Sync, HD lossless audio formats, and CEC pass-through. DDC channels are actively buffered, allowing pass-through of EDID and HDCP information between source and display. EDID pass-through ensures that the source video is at the optimal resolution for the display, and HDCP 2.3 compliance enables extension of encrypted content from Blu‑ray™ Disc players, satellite and cable TV tuners, DVRs, laptop computers, and other HDCP-enabled sources. Automatic equalization ensures signal integrity for 4K/UHD at 24/30 Hz up to 75 feet (23 meters), 4K/60 with 4:4:4 chroma sampling up to 35 feet (10 meters), and HD signals up to 175 feet (53 meters) when used with Extron HDMI Pro Series Cables.
The cable equalizer can be powered by the +5 VDC provided on the HDMI output port of the attached source device, eliminating the need for an external power supply. An optional energy-efficient universal power supply is available to support applications where the source device does not provide power on the HDMI output. A dual-color LED provides a quick means of verifying power and signal presence from the source.
The HD 4K 101 Plus is housed in a compact 1" (2.5 cm) high, one‑eighth rack width enclosure for easy placement and concealment.
- Extends 4K video signals up to 75 feet (23 meters) and HD signals up to 175 feet (53 meters) when used with Extron HDMI Pro Series cable — Several signal parameters such as resolution, frame rate, color depth and chroma sampling have an impact on 4K video transmission distances. For details about signal extension distances with the HD 4K 101 Plus, refer to the product specifications.
- Input: female HDMI Type A connector
- Output: female HDMI Type A connector
- Supports computer and video resolutions up to 4K/60 @ 4:4:4
- Supported HDMI 2.0b specification features include data rates up to 18 Gbps, HDR, Deep Color up to 12 bit, 3D, HD lossless audio formats, and CEC pass-through
- Support for HDR - High Dynamic Range video — Enables greater contrast range and wider color gamut by providing the necessary video bandwidth, color depth, and metadata interchange capability for HDR video.
- HDCP 2.3 compliant
- Automatic input cable equalization — Actively conditions incoming HDMI signals to compensate for signal loss when using long HDMI cables, low quality HDMI cables, and source devices with poor HDMI signal output.
- Can be powered directly from the HDMI source device — Attached source devices that provide +5 VDC on the HDMI output can power the HD 4K 101 Plus, eliminating the need for power supply installation.
- LED indicator for source signal presence and power — Indicator illuminates amber when power is detected and green when a signal is present.
- Facilitates EDID communication and HDCP key exchange between the display and source
- 1" (2.5 cm) high, one eighth rack width metal enclosure — Compact durable enclosure can be mounted in a rack or discreetly installed at the destination.
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- Optional, External Extron Everlast™ power supply available, part #70-1175-01 — Provides worldwide power compatibility with high demonstrated reliability and low power consumption
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7‑year parts and labor warranty